COVID-19 Precautions at Antoun
Antoun is aware of the world-wide and Australian situation regarding the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and other infectious diseases. From late February, we have been proactively putting plans and control measures into place under the guidance of our executive team, as concerns regarding COVID-19 emerged. Considering the uncertainty we all face, we want to update customers and stakeholders on the measures Antoun has taken and the high priority we are giving business continuity throughout this period.
Those affected by this unprecedented event remain in our thoughts, and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are tirelessly working to combat this virus. At Antoun, we intend to fulfil our role in the containment of COVID-19, so the health and well-being of our valued staff, clients, business partners, and visitors to our office is of crucial importance to us. We are aligned with the Australian Federal Government Department of Health fact sheet for COVID-19 and will continue to monitor global activity, taking advice from relevant government agencies.
A key focus area in caring for our people continues to be helping prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in our workplace. To achieve this, we have put the following measures in place:
- We have requested anyone who is feeling unwell to stay out of the office and work from home. For any employees experiencing flu-like symptoms, we have insisted they see their doctor and gain clearance before returning to the office.
- We have encouraged the integration of increased hygiene practices while minimising unnecessary direct contact between individuals in the form of handshakes, hugs, or kisses.
- There has been an increased frequency of surface cleaning in common areas
- All international business travel has been cancelled until further notice
- All domestic business travel has been restricted to business-critical purposes
- We are restricting all non-essential interactions with visitors in the office, and encouraging the use of video conferencing and collaboration platforms as much as possible
- Our sign-in systems in our reception area request that individuals who must attend our office provide information about their recent travel history. Anyone found to have travelled to high-risk areas in the past 14 days will be kindly asked to leave the premises to ensure the safety of all stakeholders.
In a challenging time for everyone, we thank you for your understanding and consideration. Antoun is committed to working with our people, customers, suppliers, stakeholders, and the relevant authorities to listen, take advice, and most importantly, take decisive action to work through this period.