The Following attributes will be required to successfully carry out the role.
About the role:
You will be engaging with the whole team so excellent communication skills will be required. This role will be varying each day. From general yard hand to repair of earth moving equipment.
- Ability to commit to various hours of work (being night shift on various construction sites);
- Be willing to travel to other states for various projects
- Head Office located in Seven Hills
Benefits and perks
- Working with a great team and being part of our Group.
- Plenty of on-street parking.
- Each day is different from the last
Roles & Responsibilities
- Previous experience working on various job sites including airports and jails;
- Ability to read and understand various shop drawings for fabrication of steel members;
- Mechanically minded with the ability to carry out some minor mechanical repairs on earth moving equipment.
- Ability to prioritise your workload, while keeping an eye on stock levels.
- Flexibility to work at different locations and potentially work evening and or night shift.
- Hold a white card or willing to obtain one.
- Trade qualification as boilermaker/ welder with the ability to weld horizontal/ vertical and also inverted with the following types of welding equipment:
- MIG (Metal Inert Gas) Welding or GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding)
- Arc Welding or SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)
- TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) or GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)
- FCAW (Flux-Cored Arc Welding)
- Plasma cutting
- Aluminium welding
- Stainless-steel welding
Skills & Experience
- Great communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised
To be successful in this position you will be required to undergo a National Police check.
Applications for this position close on 2nd January 2020.
We are offering a very competitive package to the right candidate and if you believe you have the above attributes, challenge your future and apply for the journey with us.