Senior Contracts Administrator
The Contract Administrator will be responsible for the execution, administering contracts, and updating and maintaining the financial reporting with a focus on cash flow, profit maximisation, variations, risk management, and administration. They will have a solid & proven experience working on large scale commercial construction projects and large-scale civil projects.
- Prepare cost forecasts, monitor financial status, and prepare cash flow statements
- Provide input for financial reports to Senior Leadership Team
- Ensure site supervisory employees are aware of the project’s scope of works and inclusions in tender packages
- Preparation of tender documentation required for the procurement of sub-contractors including tender and pricing schedules, scope of works, comparative tender analysis, and recommendations.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants
- Liaise with clients regarding progress claims to Head Contract
- Prepare month-end project reports
- Prepare financial data and detailed financial analytics for projects
- Implement and maintain financial risk management for projects
- Ensure compliance to the ISO by following the company systems and procedures
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ Local experience working as a Contracts Administrator or Quantity Surveyor on large scale building & civil projects
- Understanding of Local commercial and legal issues pertaining to head contracts
- High level of understanding in all regularly used construction contracts such as GC21, MW21, AS-4000 and HIA
- Working knowledge of major building & civil trades
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience in quantity surveying/estimating
- Strong experience in tender processes and trade procurement
- Preparation of Head Contract variations
- Preparation of contract notices and claims
- Administering major subcontractor agreements including assessing of subcontractor variations
- Financial understanding and knowledge of construction costs
- Previous experience using relevant ERP systems
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Building, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or similar.
- A current and valid Australian Drivers Licence is required.
- Full working rights in Australia
We are offering a very competitive package to the right candidate.