Estimator – Procurement
We are an internationally diverse civil construction and engineering business that focuses on bringing advanced technologies and innovative solutions to our clients and the broader community. As the authority in mission-critical infrastructure, everything we do is driven by working closely with our clients to develop solutions that return infrastructure to operation with very little to no downtime.
As the authority in mission critical infrastructure, our specialised and experienced team utilises our E6 Methodology to solve infrastructure challenges across a broad range of industry sectors. For our clients it means a job done right with minimal loss of revenue, whether that’s dealing with the complexity of replacing concrete slabs at an airport taxiway or a motorway overnight, or restoring critical public infrastructure to make life better for communities.
Our specialised services include:
- Expedient pavements
- Civil engineering
- Rehabilitation and repairs
- Delivery of concrete
- Earthworks and excavation
- Specialised equipment – including our fleet of volumetric mobile mixers
- Specialised products – including Belitic Calcium Sulfoaluminate concrete and Rapid Set Concrete
Antoun is looking for Civil Estimator / Procurement Officer to join our Seven Hills team. Reporting to the Estimating manager you will focus on preparing quantity take offs, RFx actvity, leading tender evaluations and negotiations.
You will also be involved in preparing, managing, and submitting tenders/quotations for future projects with the aim to win contracts for project delivery by the construction team.
- Identify tender opportunities and monitor tender search, including ROI, EOI and preliminary proposals
- Participate in the bid qualification (Go/No Go) process
- Tender submission from start to finish (prepare, submit and win approved tenders for suitable work), as per company Procedures and Processes (as amended from time to time)
- Evaluate the suitability of Tenders. Prepare evaluations for senior management approval.
- Receive and review Tender documents.
- Review and understand tender scope and requirements
- Check that contracts offered match the tender information
- Check the contract documents, annexures, and addendums
- Attend Tender meetings on site
- Ensure that updated drawings and addendums are addressed in the Tender
- Prepare detailed RFQs and seek quotes and or rates as applicable from suppliers, sub-contractors for pricing purposes (Obtain written quotes for key elements)
- Prepare detailed quantity take offs
- Prepare detailed trade comparisons on quotes/rates received and submit procurement recommendations.
- Assist the construction team with the engagement of preferred subcontractor or suppliers in accordance with company procurement procedures.
- Manage company national supplier/subcontractor registration and evaluation system.
- Negotiate competitive pricing proposals with subcontractors and suppliers, identifying where risks and opportunities in quotes and tender submissions can be mitigated.
- Develop a library of standard supplier/subcontractor cost items
- Participate in technical review meetings for Management review and approval.
- Prepare Tender Programs in Microsoft Project
- Prepare Tender clarifications (identify contractual risk & alleviation).
- Prepare Tender project staging and construction methodology brief for submission
- Prepare and complete Returnable Tender Schedules
- Evaluate and check the tender.
- Participate in Final Submission Review for Management review and approval as per IMS
- Compile the final tender document and submit the tender.
- Some interstate and intrastate travel may be required
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Civil Estimator or similar position
- Industry experience working within the Sydney Metropolitan area with demonstrated results in civil and infrastructure projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Knowledge of ISO accreditation standards
- Knowledge of Benchmark Estimating Software
- Knowledge of TfNSW/RMS specification and processes
- Ability to estimate using first principles as well as using estimating software
- Civil Engineering qualification (preferred)
- Full working rights in Australia
- Current Drivers Licence
Some interstae and intrastate travel may be required.
Strictly no agencies.
Previous unsuccessful candidates need not apply again.