Prepare, manage, and submit tenders/quotations for future projects with the aim to win contracts for project delivery by the construction team.
- Identify tender opportunities and monitor tender search, including ROI, EOI and preliminary proposals
- Participate in the bid qualification (Go/No Go) process
- Responsible for Tender submission from start to finish (prepare, submit and win approved tenders for suitable work), as per company Procedures and Processes (as amended from time to time)
- Evaluate the suitability of Tenders. Prepare evaluations for senior management approval.
- Receive and review Tender documents.
- Review and understand tender scope and requirements
- Check that contracts offered match the tender information
- Check the contract document, annexures, and addendums
- Check the Bill or Schedule, Specifications, and Drawings
- Attend Tender meetings on site
- Ensure that updated drawings and addendums are included in the Tender
- Seek quotes from suppliers, sub-contractors for pricing purposes (Obtain written quotes for key elements)
- Prepare quantity take off
- Set up a costing method with the use of Benchmark Estimating Software
- Identify key risk cost aspects and prepare cost plan
- Participate in technical review meetings for Management review and approval.
- Prepare Tender Programs in Microsoft Project
- Prepare Tender clarifications (identify contractual risk & alleviation).
- Prepare Tender project staging and construction methodology brief for submission
- Prepare and complete Returnable Tender Schedules
- Evaluate and check the tender.
- Participate in Final Submission Review for Management review and approval as per IMS
- Compile the final tender document and submit the tender.
- Some interstate and intrastate travel may be required
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Civil Estimator or similar position
- Industry experience working within the Sydney Metropolitan area with demonstrated results in civil and infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of construction and worksite WHS requirements
- Excellent computer skills (MS Project essential)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of ISO accreditation standards
- Knowledge of Benchmark Estimating Software
- Knowledge of TfNSW/RMS specification and processes
- Knowledge of Autocad or similar software.
- Ability to estimate using first principles as well as using estimating software
- Civil Engineering Degree (preferred)
- Hold appropriate tertiary qualifications
- Full working rights in Australia
- Current Drivers Licence
Some interstate and intrastate travel may be required.
We are offering a very competitive package to the right candidate and if you believe you have the above attributes, challenge your future and apply for the journey with us.