General Manager / Head of Construction
The Following attributes will be required to successfully carry out the role.
As part of the Management Team you will:
- Operationally manage all civil projects and related personnel across the Eastern seaboard.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are adhered to for all Civil Construction works. Further develop and fine tune processes and procedures, ensuring compliance across the construction team.
- Manage and coordinate all plant, equipment, maintenance and consumables requirements across the group.
- A strong leadership style in overseeing major contracts and have a proven track record in effective stakeholder and relationship management.
- Responsibility for ensuring the safe delivery of projects within agreed budgets and timeframes, and in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Key accountability overseeing major construction contracts and all phases of a project from inception to completion, including remote regional works
- Reviewing all construction contracts, approval of construction costs, management and quality control of all construction related reports.
- Represent the company to a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Full P&L responsibility for the Construction business unit
- Manage, develop and mentor a high performing construction team that will have the reputation for being the best in the industry for mission critical – time constrained infrastructure solutions
- Understand and utilise our innovative technology, to tackle new challenges head on, differentiating us from our competitors
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 8+ years’ local experience in a similar role in the civil industry
- Significant experience in major civil or infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated contract administration, communication and interpersonal skills to engage, influence, build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Significant experience in construction management, client contractor relationship, project cost control and project processes are essential.
- Strong commercial acumen and a proven track record in delivering multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects and while mitigating risks.
- A proven track record increasing revenue, GP and profits
- Mandatory Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering
- Full working rights in Australia
We are offering a very competitive package to the right candidate and if you believe you have the above attributes, challenge your future and apply for the journey with us.