The Project Manager provides high-level professional guidance for the delivery of projects.
The role undertakes and drives project assessments, project delivery processes and operations across multiple projects, ensuring compliance with a range of planning and environmental requirements for a mid-sized complex organisation and often continuously operating assets, including working within a project management framework that ensures projects are delivered to best practice project, contract and asset management standards that are commercially sound to the satisfaction of key stakeholders and the community.
- Manage and deliver on each construction phase to the agreed standards, on time and within the allocated budget.
- Ensure that infrastructure projects are compliant with the relevant environmental approvals and with any applicable legislation and policy requirement.
- Manage the production of suitable design and specification documents to support planning approval, cost planning, contract preparation and award and construction processes.
- Oversee all contract documents to ensure appropriate outcomes and to meet the requirements of product specifications (and related materials).
- Manage the coordination of contracted work to enable the best use of the clients’ resources and contracted resources.
- Work within the project management framework, implement and use the range of project tools available to manage infrastructure contracts, technical specifications and provide specific technical/construction advice, feedback and guidance to the client and teams.
- Develop strong professional working relationships with all team members, peers, delivery partners and clients.
- Ensuring a strategic and integrated approach to major infrastructure development and delivery and maximising the benefits of infrastructure investment
- Building and managing an efficient and competent team of qualified and experienced staff with the capacity to contribute both in terms of specific personal expertise and as part of a development and delivery team, delivering multiple concurrent major road projects.
- Balancing competing pressures on project scope, performance, cost, program and risk while meeting key stakeholder expectations and ensuring that all activities are underpinned by evidence-based decisions to achieve sound outcomes for present and future communities.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong traffic or transport infrastructure development and delivery experience.
- Strong infrastructure project prioritisation and planning expertise with a record of success in developing and delivering road or transport infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain cohesive and effective multidisciplinary teams, maximising performance at an individual and team level through a transformational period.
- Demonstrated superior project management skills and experience with a proven record of project development and delivery of multiple concurrent large projects in a complex and constrained urban environment.
- Appropriate project management and/or tertiary qualifications with a record of success at a senior project management level in a mid-sized complex organisation.
- A current and valid Australian Drivers License is required.
- Rights to work full time in Australia
As we secure both regional and local work, we will only shortlist candidates who are able to travel.
Come and join our team we are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic and provide solutions. Our values underpin our culture being Fun, People First, Courageous and Passionate.