Systems & HSEQ Manager
The Systems & HSEQ Manager will oversee, mentor and be responsible for Work Health & Safety, Environment and Quality Policies, Procedures and Systems.
The Systems & HSEQ Manager will also undertake regular and systematic site audits and reviews across the business to ensure:
- Adequate coverage of projects; and that Our accredited Integrated Management System (IMS), maintains certification to:
- AS 45001 Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) has been implemented and is being adhered to.
In addition, you will drive performance consistency across the business’ Health & Safety function, review and seek approval for the Safety and training budgets and provide strategic direction and required to provide reports across the organisation and Management Team. This role requires the successful candidate to provide written reports to the Senior Management. Ehance and implement the current Safety Management System.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer in establishing and administering safety leadership within the company to meet our organisational strategic and people goals.
- Accountable for maintaining the company ISO accreditation of the key systems such as our WHS, environmental and quality. This includes ensuring that the business continually performs to the acceptable standards to enable us to successfully pass all external and internal audits.
- Accountable for the update and writing of new policies and procedures related to safety, environment, and quality.
- Train our Project managers, Project Engineers and Site Managers on the requirements of our WHS system and processes that they will be required to manage and administer on specific project sites.
- Manage and support the Project Engineers in development of the specific site induction documentation and appropriate SWMS to ensure that the project is adhering to the requirement of the WHS system. This will include assessing the performance of the Project Engineer and Site Manager when delivering the site induction to new employees and sub-contractors. implementation of Incident Management procedures.
- Responsible for working with the Head of People and Culture to manage any ongoing workplace injury cases and ensure that return to work plans in place to ensure we are able to return employees to the working environmental efficiency and safely.
- Ensure that all personnel are trained and nominated administrators are managing the safety documentation as per the desired protocol within the DMS.
- Responsible for the Incident Management System and supporting the project team to report and follow up on key actions related to any incident.
- Responsible for the leadership of any investigation where a serious event has occurred. The ELT informed as per the agreed protocol.
- Promote a zero harm HSE culture that ensures safe working practices and programs are developed, maintained and promote early injury management intervention.
- Ensure compliance with National Works Health & Safety regulations, business critical certificates are in place and processes documented.
- Support the organisation by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice.
- Ensure areas of responsibility is audited according to program for audit
- Support the project team in managing the Quality Assurance ensuring all Quality documentation is up to date and maintained.
- Assist with internal and external audits of the company and projects.
- Develop and implement the Construction Teams Training Management Plans within the WHS allocated budget.
- Develop, drive, and manage sub-contractor requirements.
- Create and implement lead indicators, track and influence change by enhancing our WHS culture.
Demonstrated Experience Within:
- 6-8 Years Construction industry experience
- Project Management experience/qualifications
- Experience with Federal Safety Certification/Accredited (desirable)
- State Road Authority project experience incl understanding of specification
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 9001, 4801 and 140001
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Relevant Health, Safety & Environment tertiary or equivalent
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- ICAM Investigation qualifications
- Lead Auditor Qualifications
- NSW General Construction Induction (white card)
- Current Australian Driver’s License
- Senior First Aid Certificate
Travel is an essential part of this position.
We secure projects both locally and regionally. Due to the amount of travel, we will only accept candidates that are willing and able to travel.
We are offering a very competitive package to the right candidate and if you believe you have the above attributes, challenge your future and apply for the journey with us.