This project aimed to improve access and safety for boat ramp users; involving the demolition and relocation of an old boat ramp, construction of a new ramp, installation of floating pontoons and remedial works to the existing seawall. Working in tidal conditions can often prove challenging, however the works were delivered to a high standard, and the client was pleased with delivered results.
$1m – $2m
The scope of works included
- The detailed design of steel piling, pontoon and connection to concrete abutment
- Demolition of existing boat ramp
- Dredging, excavation and removal of the foreshore limited only up to 10m plus batter in front of the boat ramp
- Construction of a new boat ramp, rock scour protection, construction of a new seawall and restoration of adjacent seawalls
- Construction works to carpark
- Installation of steel piles and pontoon
The project team worked efficiently in tidal conditions to deliver works that met the project goals. The new boat ramp enables users to safely launch small crafts into Gunnamatta Bay. The client was also please by an expected design life of over 50 years.