We were contracted to widen an existing bridge in East Ryde to provide pedestrian usage. Works included clearing and grubbing, piling, concrete construction and precast installation. The finished project presents a safer and wider pedestrian walkway for the local community.
East Ryde, NSW
The scope of works included
- Initial work included establishment of road shift and pedestrian barrier placement with temporary fencing
- Necessary piling works were conducted below low hanging cables
- The cage was inserted with the required chairs and spacers and the piles were poured with a large concrete boom pipe
- The required formwork and steel was installed before utilising two franna cranes working simultaneously to install the precast units
- Final works saw the deck slab poured and construction of a concrete footpath
- Handrails were installed before site demobilisation
The finished project provides the community with a safer pedestrian access across Kitty Creek bridge. Work was completed to a high standard with the environmental sensitivity and traffic concerns at the forefront of all conducted initiatives. We employed improved safety measure to address working adjacent to a body of water, under low hanging live cables.