Major Earthworks & Access Roads to Breaching Range
This project was the first of its kind for Antoun and opened many new opportunities with Defence Clients carrying out high-risk and complicated works. The project took place on 12,000m2 of the main artillery testing ground for explosive trials, creating a high risk of live explosives within the site. Prior to any excavation or construction, we were required to complete the clearance of Unexploded Ordnance (UXO).
$1m – $2m
The scope of works included
- Clearance of Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) prior to any excavation occurring
- Clearance of all vegetation
- Construction of new access roads to the breaching ranges
- Construction of a Heavy Breaching Range consisting of R.C. precast walls, steel sheet and steel ship hatches
- Construction of a Light Breaching Range consisted of industrial roller doors, reinforced core filled block walls and brick walls
- Construction of a permanent administration building, preparation shed, safety bunker, and explosives and detonator storage areas
The completed works exceeded the expectations of the client and have since become a landmark project for future breaching ranges to be replicated interstate at other Defence facilities.