Antoun were contracted for expansion works to Parklea Correctional Centre. The project involved the construction of car parks, connecting roads and associated services. This project had a focus on matching the colour palette to existing aesthetics and required teams selecting and creating specific concrete colours and finishes.
$1m – $2m
The scope of works included
- Realign the only existing entry road (3000sqm of asphalt), while maintaining access for staff, deliveries, and visitors
- Constructed carpark 6000sqm and roads to match style of existing roads consisting of a wide range of architectural, multicoloured, aesthetically chosen concrete
- Installed over half a kilometre of drainage across site from entrance to pond as well as lighting and kerbs
- Installed custom 7m high security fencing that went for 400m
- Installed sports field with all professional sporting field grade drainage and irrigation
- Relocated all the excavated material into aesthetically pleasing mounds in the rear of the jail to minimise costs and avoid taking fill to landfill
Antoun teams adhered to strict security provisions and checks to work at a live jail. All site staff and subcontractors needed a background security check before working onsite. A curved pavement was created leading to entry of the jail made up of several colours integrated throughout. To create these multicloured finishes, all were cast insitu.