Since 2011, the 16R Threshold and Taxiway A1 have required annual replacement programs to remediate slabs at Sydney Airport. Antoun was engaged by SYD to demolish and install fourteen concrete slabs that
required immediate attention.
The scope of works included
- Initial works involved liaising with SYD (Sydney Airport) to disconnect services including AGL
- Antoun saw cut the defective slabs the night before the demolition process
- Once demolished, the slabs were anchor lifted and removed from the site along with other waste
- The subgrade was compacted and prepared before the installation of dowels to the relevant specifications
- Antoun places the new concrete pavements using Rapid Set (High Early Structural Strength Concrete) and produced a broom finish for the slabs
Antoun ensured that all works were completed by 4:45 am each morning to ensure SYD Operations Department were able to inspect the area prior to opening for aircraft traffic. There was no operation delay producing an efficient outcome for involved stakeholders.