As part of major upgrades to Terminal 1, we were contracted to complete the redesign and construction of Bay 31 to accommodate the new generation of Code E aircraft and improve access for ground support equipment.
Sydney Airport, Mascot
$2 – $5 million
Scope of works
- Demolishing and removing the existing single nose loader aerobridge
- Completely refurbishing the existing fixed line bridge to new architectural specifications and facilitating access to two new aerobridges
- Installing rotunda pad footings for the installation of the new aerobridges
- Realigning and reconfiguring the airside road to suit new aircraft, including excavation and flexible pavement installation
- New line marking and installation of traffic control signage, service connections and safety controls
Installation of the rotunda pad footings required millimetre accuracy to ensure the new aerobridge would connect properly to the fixed link; this was achieved in an operational airport environment during regular and curfew hours and in coordination with other contractors and airport designers.